CLICK HERE to view or print the June newsletter.
Welcome March! Our Lenten season begins and so we gather frequently this time of year. Our Sunday Fellowship time continues to be successful with many enjoying coffees, the cookies and some time to talk and share.
In setting our Forum topics for the month, it looks to be a “Medical” theme for March. The future of medicine is the talk of the news and media. Whether it is Genomes or Biomes, medicine is on the move. We kick off March with a pancake benefit for one of our own. Tim and Sue Quam need support as Sue recovers from a stroke and Tim works as her care provider.
One of our Sundays Dr John Wilkinson will answer medical or medicine related questions. Start thinking of those you might have. At the end of the month Dr Jeff Brault will talk about an interesting subject, “Regenerative” medicine. Come hear what that is all about. In the middle we’ll have a free Sunday for fellowship and one with follow-up on covered Bridge questions. So, this is what the Fellowship and Forum will look like for the remainder of the month. Come with questions and excitement to learn more.
3/3: Pancake Breakfast 9-12 Fellowship Hall
3/10: Dr John Wilkinson will answer medical/ medicine questions that folks may have. Vaping, Celiac Disease… Bring your questions that Sunday.
3/17: Follow-up time to ask more questions about Covered Bridge birthday.
3/24: Coffee and Fellowship
3/31: Dr Jeff Brault will give a brief talk on “Regenerative Medicine”
CLICK HERE to view/print the 2019 March VOICE
CLICK HERE to view/print the 2019 February VOICE
CLICK HERE to view the January 2019 newsletter.
URLC COUNCIL NOTES NOVEMBER 19
- Pastor Marggi reported on her continuing ed trip to Cuba and noted that she will present highlights at one of the upcoming fellowship forums.
- Roger Rueckert noted that the annual report preview is scheduled for Sunday January 20 at the fellowship forum with the annual report business meeting set for Sunday January 27 also at the fellowship forum.
- It was noted that the church staff evaluations will be conducted during December.
- The council reviewed a recommendation from the Southeastern Minnesota Synod that the United Redeemer Lutheran church increase their membership fee from $6000 to $7200 for 2019. It will be reviewed during the budget process.
- The snow removal contract for this winter was approved for Countryside Lawn & Landscape of Zumbrota.
- The council reviewed the outcome of the council open forum held November 11 and thought the communication process was well received. Strong consideration will be given to scheduling such meetings next year.
- Next meeting set for Monday December 17.