Soldier’s Field in Rochester, MN
Online registration is now open and ends on September 18. The registration can also be printed and mailed in using this downloadable PDF (note: it is an 8.5 x 14-inch document). This is a rain or shine event. Event registration limited to the first 250 participants.
Interested in collecting additional funds for Enough Food for All from friends and family? Please use this tracking guide. (The person who brings in the most donations will win a special lunch with Bishop Delzer!)
Dear Partners in Ministry
On behalf of Bishop Delzer, we invite you to participate in the First Annual “Bishop’s 5K: Run/Walk to Alleviate Hunger.” Across Southeastern Minnesota and throughout our state, thousands of people wonder when their next meal will come.
Who is struggling with hunger?
- 1 in 10 Minnesotans run out of food resources before the end of the month
- 35% of households seeking food assistance have at least one employed adult
- The food insecurity rate in Minnesota is 11.4%
- 1 in 6 Minnesota children are at risk for hunger
- 100,000 people are assisted each year through programs from Channel One
- 40% of the members of households served by Channel One are under the age of 18
We can make a difference! Move Together to “Finish Hunger.” As a healthy leader, Bishop Delzer is passionate about faith, fitness and ensuring enough food for all.
The Bishop’s 5K is a 3.1 mile run or 1 mile walk open to the first 250 participants. The event will take place on September 20th, 9am at Soldier’s Field in Rochester MN.
Together, we can all alleviate hunger! Move Together: Finish Hunger!
Let us run the race with perseverance,
Bishop’s 5K Steering Team:
Rev. Karna Hagen, Chair
Rev. Randy Fett
Rev. Heidi Heimgartner
Sonja Kranz, Rochester Track Club Board Member
Kris Oppegard, AIM
Rev. Patrick Patterson
Rev. Fred Rengstorf
CLICK HERE for more information.